Tuesday, March 11, 2008

8days & shin min daily

lady luck has been smiling at me..

by a stroke of luck, i got interviewed by a writer for 8days and had a short review published on the online store and the durians... me & benson's sis delivered the durians all the way to the food editor's house for her to taste!!!

thank goodness it was a good review as the durians are really sedap! ;) (i've absolute faith in the quality of our durians!!!)

the publicity was great help cos upon seeing the review, shin min ran a story on my online durian store. by the time i got back to the reporter, she told me the story has been sent for print.... when i asked her if she needed any durian photos, she said she used the one on my website.
i jus assumed it was the butter durian picture. little did i noe she ran my profile picture!!!
wad a headline... translates "pretty girl sells durians, not good i kneel durian shell"

how classy......

oh well, not exactly the way i'll like the durian story to run but it does help in terms of publicity... of cos my worries abt getting the wrong attention came true..

received some lewd msges about being friends at all... but i guess thats the price to pay for having a face behind the store. there is no way i can have an online store without a face and expect people to trust me and buy durians from me.

but many cute uncles and aunties called and ordered durians from me.
one said :"你的榴莲如果不好吃,我用榴莲壳丢你!"
another said: "你的榴莲最好是好吃。。。不然你就要跪榴莲壳了"

spare me uncles & aunties!! dun so fierce can!??!?!

i realise people who really know how to eat durians are not very price sensitive and they really do care more about the quality. they believe in paying for quality and thats the kind of customers i want.

seriously, if you keep complaining about my durians being expensive, you obviously haven't been eating durians enough! its true butter durians are not cheap, in fact they are about the most expensive species around. if you do know market prices, you will know that my durians are at very good prices and if you taste them, you know they are good stuff.

all i need is for customers to take the first leap of faith and i'm sure they'll want my durians every season.

i want long term biz, not one off transactions.
i want you to able to enjoy my durians every season till the durian trees die!! :)

No comments: